Write a Hit Novel or Script Using The Secrets of SUSPENSE! By Vik Rubenfeld
File size: 1.70 GB
Media Type: Online Course
Delivery Time: 1-12 hours.
Content proof: Watch here!
You will be able to write stories that your audience can’t stop reading or watching!
What you’ll learn
- Plot a story like a pro. You will learn:
- What PLOT is, and how to create it.
- What SUSPENSE is, and how to create it.
- What ACT STRUCTURE is and what belongs in each Act of your story.
- Vik’s secret to beating the dreaded “Second Act Slog”
- How to break your stories into scenes that move your plot forward so that your story holds the audience’s attention and never lets go.
- How to add scenes that move your suspense forward so that your audience is irresistibly gripped.
- Make sure you have an idea for your next story. You will be able to create your outline for it as you go through this course!
- The only software you’ll need is free software for reading Acrobat files: the free version of Adobe Acrobat for Windows or Mac.
Writers: learn the keys to breaking your story into scenes that grip your audience’s attention irresistibly.
Learn The Secrets to Hooking Your Audience
- Learn what plot is, and how to create it. (It’s not what most people think it is.)
- Learn what suspense is, and how to build it into your story.
- Master act structure
- Beat the dreaded “Second Act Slog”
- Discover how to build your plot and suspense into scenes that hook your audience
- Use the same methods that made my show EARLY EDITION a hit prime-time CBS TV series seen in 73 countries around the world
All writers need to break a story into scenes that maintain plot and suspense. In Hollywood, this is called “Story-Breaking”. Mastering story-breaking is a cornerstone of success in all forms of fiction writing including novels, screenplays, tv episodes, stage plays, and YouTube videos.
I have discovered secrets of story-breaking over many years of hard work. They enabled me to create the hit CBS TV series EARLY EDITION. While they took years to discover, I can teach them to you in a matter of hours.
Examples are very important. This course is packed with many examples from perfectly structured films.
Break Your Own Story
Included worksheets walk you through applying everything you learn in this class to breaking your own story. The worksheets are in special Adobe Acrobat files that you download for free. You can click and type right on the worksheet. No need to print them out and fill them in by hand. Open them with the free version of Adobe Acrobat for Windows or Mac.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning, intermediate, and even the most advanced writers can benefit from the keys to story-breaking that I have developed over many years of hard work.
- Writing a novel, screenplay, stage play, TV episode, short story, short film, or YouTube video? This course is for you.
- Have you always wanted to write, but don’t know where to start? This course will light up your path like an airport runway.
Learn the Secrets of Creating Your PLOT!
- What is PLOT?
- One Sentence Will Describe What Plot Is!
- The 4 Secrets to Creating a Killer Plot!
- Examples of Plot from: PLANES
- Examples of Plot from: ANCHORMAN 2
- Examples of Plot from: LES MIZ
- Examples of Plot from: TITANIC
- Coming Up: Worksheet #1
- The Most Important Decision You’ll Make: Choosing Your STYLE
- List of The Styles
- Section #1—What is PLOT?—RECAP
- Section 1 Worksheet Walkthrough
- What is PLOT?—Worksheet
Learn the Secrets to Creating SUSPENSE
- One Sentence Will Describe What Suspense Is!
- Examples of Suspense from: Planes
- Examples of Suspense from: Titanic
- Examples of Suspense from: Anchorman 2
- Examples of Suspense from: Psycho
- The Secret of Creating Killer Suspense!
- Section 2 – What is SUSPENSE? – RECAP
- Section 2 Workshee Wallthroug
- What is SUSPENSE? – Worksheet
Secrets of ACT STRUCTURE
- Introduction to ACT STRUCTURE
- The Secrets of ACT STRUCTURE
- Examples of Act Structure from: THE MATRIX
Stroy-Breaking for PLOT!
- The Key to Story-Breaking for PLOT!
- Story-Breaking for PLOT!—Worksheet Walkthrough
- Story-Breaking for PLOT!—Worksheet
- The Key to Story-Breaking for SUSPENSE! Part 1
- The Key to Story-Breaking for SUSPENSE! Part 2
- Vik’s Key to Beating the Dreaded ACT 2 SLOG!
- Story-Breaking for SUSPENSE!—Worksheet Walkthrough
- Story-Breaking for SUSPENSE!—Worksheet
Review of All Suspense Guru Sevrets Using Examples from SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
- Examples of All Suspense Guru Secrets from: SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK Act 1
- Examples of All Suspense Guru Secrets from: SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK Act 2
Review of All Suspense Guru Secrets Using Examples from LOST IN TRANSLATION
- Examples of All Suspense Guru Secrets from: LOST IN TRANSLATION Act 1
- Examples of All Suspense Guru Secrets from: LOST IN TRANSLATION Act 2
SUSPENSE GURU Course Wrap-Up
- SUSPENSE GURU Course Wrap-Up
Bonus Lecture: JUNO
- Bonus Lecture – Examples of Suspense from: JUNO
- Bonus Lecture – Examples of Plot from: JUNO
Vik Rubenfeld: Creator of the Hit CBS Primetime Drama, EARLY EDITION
Vik Rubenfeld is an innovative renaissance man who does some of his best work behind the scenes. As the creator of the wildly popular genre busting ‘90s CBS TV series Early Edition (which has been syndicated in 73 countries around the world), Vik inspired a genre of forward thinking television content and led something of a small screen revolution. As the author of the recently published novel Conquest, which takes readers behind the scenes of the making of a rock ‘n’ roll band, he combined his love of pop culture with his entertainment industry knowledge.
Vik has over 30,000 Twitter followers. He regularly interacts with them to answer their questions about how to plot a story.
Vik launched the Suspense Guru™ webinars and one on one mentoring to teach the best elements of suspense and storytelling to writers, business people and creatives.
Write a Hit Novel or Script Using The Secrets of SUSPENSE! By Vik Rubenfeld, what it is included (Content proof: Watch here!)
- 01 Learn The Secrets of Creating Your PLOT!
- 02 Learn the Secrets to Creating SUSPENSE!
- 03 Secrets of ACT STRUCTURE
- 04 Story-Breaking for PLOT!
- 05 Story-Breaking for SUSPENSE!
- 06 Review of all Suspense Guru Secrets Using Examples from SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
- 07 Review of All Suspense Guru Secrets Using Examples from LOST IN TRANSLATION
- 08 SUSPENSE GURU Course Wrap-Up
- 09 Bonus Lecture_ JUNO
- 10 Bonus Lecture_ One-on-One Coaching